The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director of Human Resources
Job SummaryApplications are invited for suitably qualified persons for the post of Director Human Resources.
The University of the West Indies (UWI) is an internationally competitive University, deeply rooted in the Caribbean and committed to offering quality higher education.
The Director of Human Resources is a member of the St. Augustine Campus Management Team who is responsible for all HR matters and who advises the Principal and the Campus Registrar accordingly. He/she also has a dotted line relationship with the University Registrar. Additionally, he/she has to lead a team of professionals and support staff.
The University has identified in its current Strategic Plan the need for a strategic HR intervention that will shift the HR focus from a transactional one to a more strategic one. The Director of HR will be expected to drive this exercise.
QUALIFICATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should possess:
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- An analytical mind capable of "out of the box "thinking to solve problems.
- At least a Master's degree in Human Resource Development or related field.
- At least 10 years' experience in HR Management at the Executive Level, preferably in a higher education or business environment.
- Demonstrated experience as a results-driven, successful team player in a large organisation
- Experience in successful HR Transformation and developing HR Strategies and Plans, using new technologies, inclusive of social networks.
- HR Scorecarding, Industrial Relations expertise
Legal training would be an asset.
- Developing and aligning the HR Strategic Plan in alignment with the University's Strategic Plan.
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure a stable industrial relations climate on the Campus.
- Leading the University's team in negotiations with the Unions.
- Developing and implementing a Succession Planning Programme.
- Keeping abreast of and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, rules, regulations and Industrial Court judgements.
- Demonstrating strategic HR leadership and developing HR capacity and competency throughout the campus.
- Facilitating and building a supportive work environment and an engaged workforce, modelling the UWI's core values.
- Other duties as may be required by the Campus Principal or University Registrar.