The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director - Security
Job SummaryA vacancy exists within Bahamas Power and light for a Director — Security.
This job is responsible for directing all activities of the Security Department, including planning for and coordinating the security of Company assets, employees and customers. The job develops strategic vision and goals, and ensures the accomplishments of the goals and objectives within prescribed priorities, time fame and budget. The job also establishes guidelines, policies and procedures based on local laws for maintaining a secure work environment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessing, evaluating and analyzing BPL's security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel in New Providence and the Family Islands;
- Establishing and implementing Security Plan(s), Security Bridging documents and Security procedures to ensure that all Security aspects/ requirements within the area of activity are properly identified, assessed and implemented in accordance with Security assessments and identified Security risks;
- Managing all aspects of Security at work locations, and during business travel Security, Supply Chain Security and Security Emergency preparedness;
- Conducting and reporting on internal investigations of any losses or violations of BPI regulations, policies and procedures;
- Training and developing direct and indirect reports;
- Implementing a robust Security Risk assessment system to monitor the Security situation in area of operation on a continuous basis;
- Participating in Project Risk Reviews as required;
- Managing departmental budget to ensure targets are met;
- Actively participating in the development and implementation of emergency management and contingency planning for the company.
Job requirements include but not limited to:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or equivalent qualifications;
- Requires a minimum of 15+ years' experience in security and law enforcement including a minimum of 8-10 years' experience at a senior management level;
- Good judgement and decision making ability;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Proven, strong managerial and supervisory skills;
- Strong investigative, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Must be knowledgeable of law enforcement practices and Criminal Code of The Bahamas;
- Willing to perform additional duties as required to achieve company objectives.
Only candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.