The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Technical Services
Job SummaryHousing Agency of Jamaica Limited (HAJL) invites applications for the position of Director, Technical Services
The Director will provide strategic direction and ensure appropriate execution of all technical services so as to guarantee that all project planning, construction quality and delivery schedules are achieved. The Director will provide leadership and direction to the engineering and design, project implementation and quantity surveying functions to achieve all organizational goals and targets.
Education, Specialized Techniques, Skills and Experience
- A relevant Bachelors Degree and a Masters Degree in Engineering or an equivalent programme of study.
- 8 - 10 years relevant experience in a similar capacity.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure design and construction.
- Working knowledge of corporate planning, financial management principles and budgetary techniques
- In-depth knowledge of the housing market in Jamaica.
- Ability to work innovatively in a resource constraint environment.
- Strong project management, change and strategic management skills
- Excellent management, leadership, coordination and motivational skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programmes to include AutoCad, Civil 3D, Microsoft Project, and any other design software; ability to check calculations and designs using both computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements for housing and related developments as well as the procurement guidelines of the Government of Jamaica.
HAJ thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.