The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
District Medical Officer
Job SummaryThe District Medical Officer reports to the General Manager, Primary Care Services, and as part of the primary care team, will be responsible and accountable for providing quality medical care within that setting.
Work entails the assessment, diagnosing, treatment, and appropriate referral of clients attending community health facilities. Work also includes visits to homes and schools as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The incumbent is also expected to implement preventive procedures for the protection and promotion of a healthy Tobago population. This must be done in compliance with institutional, regional and national guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-graduate degree in Family Medicine or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Qualification from an approved institution registered with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
- Full unrestricted registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
- Registration of Higher Qualification with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
- Minimum five  years post internship experience in the medical field
All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) Certification