The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Divisional Manager - Projects
Job SummaryThe incumbent will be expected to plan and oversee the execution of projects and other related functions of the Projects Departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the preparation of pre-tender documentation for the award of consultancy, construction and development contracts and agreements.
- Develops construction methods and procedures.
- Liaises with all parties involved in projects including local authorities, consultants, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Attends site meetings and inspections.
- Reports regularly on project progress and monitors schedules.
- Oversees the development of detailed project plans that identify all tasks that need to be completed in projects including milestones and corrective actions.
- Resolves project road blocks by proactively managing issues and risks related to projects.
- Produces monthly reports on assigned projects.
- Prepares and monitors work schedules and project costings.
- Reviews work performed by sub-contractors and makes recommendations for payment.
- Assumes responsibility for procurement, and coordinates with all parties involved to ensure work progresses smoothly and is completed on time and within budget.
- Performs such tasks as may be required for the smooth operation of the department and organisation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of FIDIC
- Expert knowledge of MS
- Project Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective report writing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post graduate degree in Civil Engineering
- Honours degree from an accredited educational institution in Civil Engineering.
- Proficiency in FIDIC contract guidelines as evidenced by certification in the most recent modules.
- Must be registered with the Board of Engineering of Trinidad and Tobago.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar managerial position.
- A suitable combination of qualifications and experience will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted