The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Economic Researcher (SOG/ST6)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Economic Researcher (SOG/ST6) in the Financial Regulations Division of this Ministry.
- To research issues relating to financial sector regulation and development and keep the Divisional Director up-to-date with emerging international financial and economic trends;
- To evaluate and give recommendations on proposals submitted by various NGOs, government agencies and financial institutions;
- To prepare policy papers on issues relating to financial sector regulation;
- To consult with relevant stakeholders on financial sector issues, as necessary;
- To research on areas requiring revisions to financial sector regulation and policy framework;
- To provide advice on policies to regulate both the deposit taking and non-bank financial institutions in Jamaica.
- To represent the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service at various meetings dealing with the financial sector;
- To facilitate the gazetting of financial sector legislation
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sound knowledge of government economic policies
- Knowledge of research methodologies
- knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Public Sector Management or equivalent qualifications.
- Three (3) years’ related experience.
- Salary: $1,361,593 - $1,618,506.00 per annum
- Travelling: $ 707,448.00 per annum
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.