The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Economist / Analyst
Job SummaryThe Competition and Consumer Affairs Commission (CCAC) is desirous of recruiting an Economist/Analyst for the Competition Policy Unit.
- At least a good first degree from a recognized university in economics, finance or business or equivalent professional qualification. Relevant post-graduate qualification or certification would be an advantage;
- At least three years of experience in the field of economics, finance or business in the private sector, regulatory body, public agency, regional or international institutions or non-governmental organizations;
- Strong quantitative background as well as experience leading and conducting industry and market analysis and economic studies and a strong micro-economics background;
- Knowledgeable and has experience in data collection, data analysis and research;
- Knowledge of Competition Law and the Economics of the Competition Law would be an asset
- Ability to convey complex technical ideas to a non-specialist audience;
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills, strong report writing skills, proficiency in quantitative and economic analysis, strong analytical skills;
- Proven leadership ability and high levels of initiative and problem-solving;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Able and willing to travel as deemed necessary.