The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Electronics Technician III (In-water)
Job SummaryPersonnel selected to the position of In-water, Electronics Technician III, are tasked to troubleshoot, repair, test and operate the In-water Tracking Systems installed in support of AUTEC Range and Navy ship requirements.
- Schedules and provides input to performance assessments of junior technicians.
- Plans and schedules Maintenance Program for equipment and systems.
- Performs analysis of equipment and systems performance on a daily basis.
- Identifies failures, determines and initiates action to rectify.
- Assist junior technicians with equipment/systems repair.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spare inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Documents, repairs, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance on assigned equipment and systems.
- Reports equipment and systems status to the customer upon request.
- Assist in new equipment installation and Operational Acceptance Testing.
- Performs equipment modifications.
- Works rotating day and night shifts as required.
- A.S. degree in a related field required or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in electronics installation.
- Advanced digital and analog troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to determine cause of failures and necessary repairs.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment.
- Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks.
- Ability to distinguish basic colors to perform technical tasks.
- Stands for extended periods of time to perform and assist lower level staff in equipment and systems repair.
- Present neat, clean appearance to work in military environment.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.