The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Emergency Medical Technicians
Job SummaryEmergency Medical Technicians are responsible for providing immediate medical attention for the sick and injured.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform CPR, and provide other assistance to victims of trauma while they are carried to the HIC Heart Hospital.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to emergency calls, drive to the scene, and provide basic life support to the victims before they are transported to the hospital
- Assess nature patient's condition and extent of injury and determine pre-existing medical conditions
- Manage respiratory, cardiac, and trauma injuries
- Administer medications orally and intravenously, interpret electrocardiograms (EKGs), perform endotracheal intubations, and use monitors
- Administration of activated charcoal, oral glucose and oxygen
- Transfer patients to the emergency units of the hospital
- Prepare a patient care report and take notes of the medical treatment given to them.
- Decontaminate ambulance’s interior
- Restock all supplies in the ambulance and replace used blankets, linens and other supplies
- Attend refresher programs and continuing education as required by medical control, employers, and/or certifying or licensing agencies
- Secure patient in ambulance for transport while taking and monitoring vital signs
- Transfer patients to ER and give attendees information about injury
- Care for patient at scene of accidents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a Bsc. Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an EMT
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification would be an asset