The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Entertainment Staff – Stage
Job SummaryThe Stage Staff position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of entertainment audio visual equipment as well as the daily operations of the entertainment department.
The Stage Staff assists in the operation of all production shows, guest entertainers, musical events, theme night events and offers support for any audio visual request.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an audio-visual function to include land based entertainment industry experience.
- Coursework in technical theater at an accredited college or university or the international equivalent, or equivalent technical experience, preferred.
- Has the ability to trouble shoot basic audio, lighting, projection, stage machinery, and stage craft issues.
- Understands how to load and operate basic cues on the main stage lighting and sound board.
- Able to load and operate the stage machinery systems for operational purposes.
- Able to route, assist in setting and playing a movie, portable projectors, or power point.
- Knowledgeable on how to run spotlights.
- Microsoft Office software skills required.
- KPI’s assigned to position/department.
- Maintains and operates all audio visual equipment ship wide.
- Works as backstage support staff for production shows, guest entertainers, bands and other events in the theater, lounges, and poolside.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all events in the theater and presentations ship wide as prescribed by the Cruise Director, Production Manager, and Head Entertainment Operator.
- Ensures all audio visual equipment, stage props, and scenery is in working order.
- Performs all support staff duties or audio visual support around the vessel.
- Exhibits professional presence and positive energy in all situations when dealing with group members, ships management and guests.
- Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability.
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
- Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Celebrity Cruises.
- Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.
- Assists in training of all crew, including new hires.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Physically able to climb into the stage grid, catwalks and aerial work platform. Able to work at heights exceeding 50 feet.
- Language/Communication skills
- System knowledge
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training