The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Environmental Experts (Water, Sanitation & Health)
Job SummaryThe Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks Environmental Expert(s) for a USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) program in Haiti.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the drafting of Environmental Impact Assessments for all WASH activities;
- Provide technical direction and strategic leadership to project team, including partners;
- Ensure delivery of project’s deliverables and achievement of project objectives;
- Ongoing engagement with USAID Mission Environmental Officer and other key Mission staff;
- Ongoing engagement with Government of Haiti stakeholders and project partners including DINEPA and Ministry of Health;
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- B.A. in Environmental Management, Engineering, or similar technical field. M.A. Preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience in water, sanitation, public health, or environmental projects.
- Proven knowledge of USAID or other international environmental policies and procedures, including demonstrated ability to draft EMMP and EA reports
- Haiti experience strongly preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience working with donor-funded projects required. Experience with USAID - funded projects strongly preferred;
- Superior interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to work with a variety of counterparts in a variety of countries;
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, and integrity;
- Proven success in managing technical and operational teams;
- Fluency in English and French is required. Haitian Kreyol strongly preferred.
Note: Haitian nationals are encouraged to apply.