The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryWe are seeking a passionate and creative Executive Chef or Outstanding Executive Sous Chef to join our team. Hotel has enjoyed an excellent reputation for creating fine meals.
The successful applicant will be familiar with current culinary trends, have a passion for cooking and will work alongside the local culinary team to ensure we continue to receive rave reviews, while raising the standard of products served to our savvy and discerning global travelers.
As an Executive Chef, you are responsible for the entire Kitchen operation, food production, menu planning, development and all related sections, including Stewarding. The role involves managing and achieving of cost and quality for all kitchen operations in the hotel, restaurants, outside catering and banquet & wedding and will include key responsibilities such as:
- Able to train and guide of local culinary team.
- Strong technical skills – Cost Control, Payroll Control, Menu Planning & Development
- Verifies that all food production areas provide food items prepared and presented according to set standards at all times, monitoring for taste, visual appeal and established portion controls.
- Maintains product consistency and inventory disbursement of all food supplies.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, stewarding and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct within budgeted payroll cost.
- Responsible for the timely Kitchen preparations for all meal services in the outlets and banquet activities in line with the stipulated opening hours.
- Drive together with the Food & Beverage Manager all extracurricular events in the outlets as per annual promotions calendar and develop food promotions if the situation requires.
- Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Creates cost cards, recipe cards and photos and catalogues for utilization during taste presentations.
- Create desserts, pastries and baked goods that go well with menu items, decorating and making them attractive.
- Establishes controls to minimize food, waste and theft.
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Performs and executes cooking shows for guest audiences.
- Interacts with guests and marketing team in order to promote guest satisfaction.
- Maintains and demonstrates strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and various software programs
- Ability to interact positively with management, supervisors, coworkers and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Excellent cooking skills and knowledge of Caribbean, Thai, Indian, Asian, Italian cuisine
- An understanding of Local Caribbean Produce and Ingredients
- Ability to write menus that are creative appealing to the eye and delicious
- Strong Inventory Control and Scheduling Skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
Salary commensurate with qualification and experience. Single Status, Live on property
If selected, a clean Police Character Record is mandatory.
Only suitable applications will be considered and acknowledged.