The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Financial Services Commission (FSC) seeking individuals who are driven, results-oriented and have a passion for providing excellent service. The FSC has an immediate opening for the position of Executive Director.
Under the direction of the Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director is charged with delivering a balanced, consistent and effective regulatory programme which provides adequate safeguards for policyholders, pension plan members and the investing public and maintains confidence in Jamaica’s financial system. The incumbent is responsible for leading the FSC’s team in meeting the mandate of the FSC and implementing the strategy agreed by the Board of Commissioners. He / She also has responsibility for developing, administering and enforcing regulatory programmes under the Financial Services Commission Act, the Insurance Act, the Securities Act, and the Pensions (Superannuation and Retirements Schemes) Act of 2004 (“The Pensions Act”)
- Developing and delivering the strategic objectives agreed with the Board; Communicating throughout the FSC the strategic objectives and the core values of the FSC agreed with the Board and ensuring that these are achieved and in practice;
- Taking direct regulatory action in the form of approvals and sanctions under the Acts and other statutes administered by the FSC, in a manner consistent with the provision of the legislation administered;
- Assigning responsibilities clearly to senior management and overseeing the establishment of effective risk management and control systems;
- Recommending to the Board significant operational changes and major capital expenditures where these are beyond the delegated authority;
- Reporting regularly to the Chairman and the Board with appropriate, timely and quality information so the Chairman and the Board can discharge their responsibilities effectively;
- Recruiting, developing and maintaining talented people to work at the FSC and in particular, establishing a strong management team;
- Maintaining an efficient organisational structure which will maximise the effectiveness of the FSC in the pursuit of its mandate;
- Communicating the FSC’s messages externally, (along with the Chairman and other members of the Executive Team);
- Representing the FSC at selected local and international conferences and seminars.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A post-graduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Law or related discipline
- Extensive senior management experience in a financial, supervisory authority or in a private or public sector organization dealing with insurance, securities or pension administration.
- The Jamaican financial sector and relevant regulatory legislation.
- The operations of financial markets and supervisory standards.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and team building skills.
- A proven track record of leadership.
- The ability to direct change and build positive institutional relationships.
- Demonstrated organisational agility and business acumen.
- The ability to lead constructive interactions with industry participants and with other regulatory agencies at the highest levels.
- A high level of credibility and unquestionable integrity.
We thank all persons for their interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.