The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Meeting Specialist
Job SummaryThe Executive Meeting Specialist (EMS) will act as a liaison between Meeting Professionals/Catering Customers and all operating departments to ensure a high standard of organization and guest service throughout all convention & banquet meeting areas.
This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon all client needs.
- The EMS proactively monitors customer functions, spending 80% of each day interacting with meeting professionals and their attendees to ensure customer satisfaction;
- reviews all relevant written communications (Group Resumes, Event Orders, Reader boards, etc...) and verifies accuracy of room sets;
- meets with Meeting Professionals/Catering Customers prior to the start of the first event to verify meeting specifications and establish communication method (house phone, cell phone etc...);
- remains accessible to Meeting Professionals/Catering Customers throughout assigned functions;
- continually inspects for cleanliness and maintenance of all function space,public areas and banquet areas;
- coordinates with all operating departments to ensure top product quality;
- communicates any event changes in a timely manner to relevant operating departments and to the Convention/Catering Manager responsible for the group;
- attends all pre-event meetings and other meetings specified by the Director of Convention Services;
- facilitates communication from one shift to another;
- observes and enforces objectives and policies as set forth by the Director of Convention Services;
- assures compliance with all Starwood safety standards.
- The EMS provides daily support to the Convention Services Managers and Banquet Managers to ensure effective operation of either department, or any other supportive functions based upon the requirements of the hotel and guest needs and expectations.
Basic Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of basic and fundamental standards of Convention Services/Banquet department and general hotel operations
- Proven self-starter (assertive)
- Effective Communication skills
- Strong guest service orientation
- High standard of appearance
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Decision maker and problem solver
- Extremely flexible and willing to work required hours, including weekends
- Detail oriented
- Effective Sales and up-selling skills
- A team player
- Excellent sales & customer service skills, organized, multi-tasker
- Able to adapt well to many different situations
- Computer Experience with Windows, Opera, Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Previous hospitality experience preferred