The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Secretary 1 (OPS/SS 4)
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the National Librarian/CEO, the Executive Secretary 1 (OS/SS 4) provides secretarial and administrative support to the office of the National Librarian/CEO to ensure the smooth operation of the Executive Office.
- Provides administrative support for the National Librarian;
- Establishes, supervises and maintains an appropriate filing system for the recording and easy retrieval of information;
- Prepares reports, correspondences, memoranda, forms, agendas etc., proof reads documents for accuracy, completeness and conformity with established formats;
- Co-ordinates activities for a variety of meetings; attends meetings and prepares Minutes;
- Makes arrangements for local and overseas travel and submits request to the appropriate authority;
- Assists in the preparation of Strategic and Operational Plans;
- Maintains an appropriate system to control and safeguard confidential documents, files and reports;
- Develops and monitors calendar for meetings, appointments, assignments and events for National Librarian.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of Office Practices and Procedures
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and Customer Service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and confidentiality
- Good time management and organizing skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS/CAP) Designation and English Language at CXC or equivalent level;
- At least five (5) years providing support at the executive level plus the appropriate Administrative Management programme at the Management Institute for National Development, or a combination of related training and experience.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours from time to time to include weekends.
Salary range $954,390 – $1,134,470 per annum.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.