The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Secretary 1 (OPS/SS 4)
Job SummaryUnder the direct supervision of the Postmaster General, the incumbent is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative functions that enhance and simplify the work processes and operations of the Postmaster General’s Office.
- Accepts and opens internal and external correspondence addressed to the Postmaster General/CEO. Applies relevant actions to the correspondence assesses by Postmaster. Applies relevant actions to those indirectly relate to his purview;
- Opens and reviews/evaluates emails on official matters and take the appropriate actions;
- Proofreads, verifies and reviews materials, records and reports for accuracy and completeness; Independently prepares correspondence and memoranda;
- Apprises the Postmaster General and Deputies of local/international postal service activities and follow through on actions as directed;
- Maintains calendar of activities, meetings and various events for the Postmaster General;
- Formulates and maintains inter-office records management system;
- Ensures that timely response to calls enquires/request for personal visits to the Postmaster General are proficiently and expeditiously addressed;
- Prepares all official documents on international travel for Postmaster General and other Senior Managers;
- Liaises with Customer Service Representatives to log and treat calls efficiently and expeditiously on a daily basis as they occur;
- Attends meetings and records and produces Minutes;
- Formats and collates Post and Telecommunications Department’s reports for submission to the
- Chief Executive Officer’s Monthly Board Meetings;
- Assumes the duties/responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant when necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good customer relation skills
- Exhibits high level of initiative
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skill
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Capable of multitasking
- Report and Minute Writing skills
- Working knowledge of the Government /Department policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Records Management
- Possess a working knowledge of office equipment eg. fax and photocopy machine
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) or any Accredited Secretarial Studies, proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and five (5) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development.
Salary range $954,390 – $1,134,470 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.