The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 5)
Job SummaryThe Executive Secretary 2 (OPS/SS 5) provides administrative and secretarial services to support the effective and efficient operation of the Permanent Secretary’s Office.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares draft letters/memoranda from general instructions;
- Responds to routine and other correspondence as directed;
- Establishes and maintains a system for control and safe keeping of classified, secret and confidential documents and reports;
- Takes dictation and reproduces notes in an accurate and presentable manner;
- Processes incoming and outgoing correspondence in accordance with established guidelines. (receives, logs and distributes mail);
- Researches issues and certain situations, compiles reports and present findings, advice and recommendations on the matters under review;
- Assembles and disseminates information to internal and external personnel as requested.
- Organizes meetings hosted by the Permanent Secretary;
- Prepares agendas for meetings and organizes relevant information and documents;
- Takes Minutes at meetings and reproduces and distributes in accordance with established guidelines;
- Schedules appointments, meetings and conferences and ensures that the Permanent Secretary is updated before confirming meeting;
- Makes travel arrangements and provides itinerary for local and overseas business trips
- Receives and makes telephone calls for the Permanent Secretary;
- Interviews visitors and callers to determine nature of their visits and or calls to inform way forward;
- Receives/hosts visitors to the Permanent Secretary;
- Maintains an effective filing system that allows security, and speedy retrieval of documents/information in accordance with established standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Typewriting/word processing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Excellent shorthand/note taking skills of at least 100 wpm
- Excellent knowledge of office practice and procedures
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and manage relationships
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Tools
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’Level subjects including English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) or any Accredited Secretarial Studies, proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus seven (7) years’ general office experience;
- Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus seven (7) years’ general office experience;
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and seven (7) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development.
Salary range $1,207,224 – $1,435,010 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.