The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Experienced Fuel Attendant - Full Time
Job SummaryYou will be responsible for delivering world-class fuel service to visiting vessels using our state-of-the-art in-slip fueling system and also delivering fuel at our service dock on a daily basis.
Are you self-motivated, precise, people oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and innovative? Do you have a sense of urgency, professional mindset and enjoy working in a luxury fast paced environment with variety? Do you want to build a career in the luxury hospitality industry?
If you answered yes, a career with Christophe Harbour could be perfect for you.
Christophe Harbour is an ultra-luxury lifestyle development in exquisite St. Kitts. For more information about our resort and services go to www.christopheharbour.com.
Join us on our journey to create an extraordinary legacy of distinctive luxury experience in the Caribbean. We are looking for remarkable individuals who have what it takes to be a member of the Christophe Harbour team.
Working as part of an active team led by the Marina Operations Manager, you will be responsible for delivering world-class fuel service to visiting vessels using our state-of-the-art in-slip fueling system and also delivering fuel at our service dock on a daily basis.
- Work within a team to deliver fuel to visiting vessels while using the high tech In-berth fuel delivery system.
- Operate the fuel delivery system on the tender dock to visiting yachts.
- Consistently deliver high standard of customer service to vessel guests and crew to create a remarkable guest experience.
- Work with team members to safely conduct docking and un-docking of vessels.
- Carry out general marina services including refuse collection, delivery of goods to vessels and guest transportation.
- Work closely with the Marina Engineer to ensure all fueling equipment is maintained and ready for use at all times.
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance and /or cleaning of the marina facility and grounds, indoors and outdoors areas, using discretion and independent judgement.
- Maintain fuel stock control and inventory system.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly checks on the fuel system as per maintenance/operations manuals.
- Ensure that the Marina at Christophe Harbour ‘Standing Operating Procedures’ (SOP’s) that include equipment operation, safety standards and others are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Use internal handheld radios to communicate clearly with office and operations team.
- Always deliver marina services in compliance with all International Maritime and Safety Regulations.
- Work closely with Marina Manager assisting with procurement of fuel related items.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times while handling fuel related items and while conducting fuel deliveries.
- Create and implement SOPs for fuel delivery to vessels, as well as provide training to fuel assistants in these procedures.
- Participate in required safety drills as per marina operations manuals
- Experience in fuel delivery procedures, especially in a marina environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of fuel types and emergency procedures associated with such.
- Knowledge of correct fuel storage procedures.
- Knowledge of fuel delivery systems and use of associated equipment.
- Luxury hospitality experience in guest relations or customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional grooming standards.
- Strong knowledge and interest in the Superyacht industry and experience working in a similar marina environment would be advantageous.
- Able to swim 50 meters confidently and tread water for 3 minutes.
- Knowledge of Seamanship skills including knot tying.
- 2 years’ boat handling experience with tenders over 8’ in length.
- A valid car or bus driver’s license is a must.
- Administration skills; able to use email and MS Word, Excel competently to produce reports, documents, basic spreadsheets, checklists and maintaining fuel delivery files.
- Ability to speak and write a second language fluently desirable.
- Able to work weekends and/or nightshifts as required.
If you are selected to join Christophe Harbour you will receive a competitive annual salary, paid leave, and other applicable benefits. Apply now or by 29th September, 2017 by submitting your full resume with a cover note telling us why you are the perfect person to join the Christophe Harbour team.