The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited to fill the vacant position of Facilities Manager at St. Jude Hospital.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing the effective management, monitoring and development of services that support the core business of the organization. The incumbent will also be expected to serve on the Senior Management team, be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, and ensure that the organization has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, (3) year’s experience in Management or Supervisory position or an Associate Degree in Building Technology or Ten (10) year’s experience in Maintenance Management preferably within a hospital environment.
Summary of Duties and Functions
- Direct overall supervision and assignment of duties of heads of assigned departments; mentoring and providing them with continual support in the completion of their work activities and evaluating the quality of their work.
- To ensure the proper operation of all aspects of hospital buildings, equipment and grounds to create an optimal, safe and cost effective environment for patients, staff and visitors to function
- Responsible for developing and monitoring the annual budget for the assigned departments and monitoring facilities related expenditures to ensure that expenditures are within budgetary limitations.
- Research new products, materials, supplies, equipment and regulations for the purpose of making recommendations for purchases, signing contracts, developing and maintaining hospital services.
- Review and approve inspection reports and payment requests for the purpose of ensuring that work is completed within specifications, budgetary allowances and conforms to local regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical, organizational and information management skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and emergency response skills
- Excellent computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook
Salary will be paid in accordance with the terms stipulated by the Government of St. Lucia in the Estimates of Expenditure commensurate with experience and qualifications for the post.
Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted