The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Family Nurse Practitioner (HPC/RN4)
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ a Family Nurse Practitioner for the Trelawny Health Department.
Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the incumbent will be expected to provide general (non-specialized) ambulatory curative and preventative services in accordance with the Ministry of Health guidelines and the Nursing Council of Jamaica’s code of practice.
As an Advanced Practice Nurse, the Family Nurse Practitioner will be expected to:
- Clinically assess, formulate diagnoses and manage/treat clients presented for care in selected Health Centres across the parish; similarly serving clients seen during home or institution visits.
- Perform and request selected diagnostic tests to identify and assess clients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Prescribe drugs and other forms of treatment relevant to the clients’ problems.
- Counsel and educate clients and caregivers about disease prevention and control whilst promoting the adoption of a healthier lifestyle and treatment adherence.
- Evaluate the care given to clients and modify management as indicated by the clients’ health problems.
- Collaborate and consult with Medical Officers and other health professionals to ensure the optimal care of the clients.
Specific Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and determine course of action on medical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team building and observational skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and motivate the client and his/her family to follow treatment programmes and utilize the available health facilities.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing (Family Nurse Practitioner) from an accredited institution
- Current Registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica as a Registered General Nurse and a Registered Midwife
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience in the field of Nursing
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted