The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Field Finance Volunteers
Job SummaryCMMB is seeking Finance Volunteers who can serve for a minimum of six months.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Prepares financial statements, analysis and other key reports as necessary.
- Oversees bank reconciliation, invoicing, and accounts receivable on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintains accounting system to ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources
- Assists with other accounting duties as necessary.
- Must be 21 years old.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance from an accredited school of business.
- Ability to analyze complex data and finance concepts and conduct presentations.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Solid understanding of reading balance sheets, completing profit and loss reports and managing cash flow
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Communication skills that includes strong business writing skills and data presentation skills.
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standard of health care delivery and practice.
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health issues.
- Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and evening/weekend hours.
- Proficiency in English; strong communication skills.
- French or Creole required for Haiti