The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Field Officer, Mental Health
Job SummaryTo provide assistance to the Manager, Mental Health in the organization and execution of programmes of research
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects information related to fields of study from published and unpublished sources.
- Conducts surveys on subjects related to the field of mental health.
- Assists with estimates of future needs for services and presents facts significant to the formulation of future manpower planning and service needs.
- Conducts field visits to RHAs to collect data on mental health.
- Assists in organizing and executing programmes of research for use as inputs into mental health studies.
- Assists in the co-ordinating, planning and administration of project activities.
- Assists in co-ordinating the dissemination of published materials resulting from special initiatives.
- Engages in field work for current mental health needs assessment at the primary level.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Mental Health Legislation and Health Information.
- Proficiency in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other team members and the public.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and think critically;
- Effective planning and organizational skills;
- Experience in the use of statistical software such as –SPSS, EPI Info.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- An Associate Degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in research and training in Sociology, Economics, and/ or Statistics;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
We thank all applicants for their interest. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and experience required for the positions will be contacted.