The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Final Accountant (FMG/AT 3)
Job SummaryApplications are invite from suitably qualified candidates to be assigned to the post of Final Accountant (FMG/AT 3) – (Not Vacant) in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation.
The incumbent will assist in the preparation of the accounts of the Ministry on an accrual accounting basis and for the timely submission of accurate and complete Monthly and Annual Financial Statements to the Auditor General and the Financial Secretary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares the final accounts of the Ministry, to consist of the following accounts; Recurrent, Capital A, Capital B and Deposits;
- Monitors that all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Receivable, Accruals, Prepayments, Receipts, Lodgments, Payments, Depreciation Provisions, Other Provisions etc. are accurately and properly brought to account in the period to which they relate;
- Monitors all journal vouchers (for salary, advance clearance and other adjustments) in respect of the month have been correctly posted and are properly reflected in the accounts;
- Checks and takes steps for all manual cheques and cheque cancellations to be brought into account;
- Checks and takes steps for all warrant issues, warrant transfers, warrant adjustments, and cash advances to be brought to account under the relevant Heads;
- Assists to print and check statements for accuracy and completeness in respect of all Heads;
- Assists to resolve errors found in any of the financial and management accounts documents;
- Signs, in respect off the closed period, all relevant Financial Statements for all Heads then submits same to Director, Financial Reporting or Senior Final Accountant;
- Prepares individual Work Plan based on strategic alignment with Division’s Operational Plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Good team skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the Public Sector final accounts
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- AAT Level 3 or;
- ACCA-CAT Level C or;
- ACCA Level 1 or;
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognized University or;
- Associate of Science Degree in Accounting, MIND or;
- Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND i.e. Government Accounting Levels 1, 2 & 3 or;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Management Studies with Accounting or BBA from a recognized University.
Salary range $979,522 – $1,164,344 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.