The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Finance and Administrative (F&A) Manager
Job SummaryAbt is seeking well-qualified Finance and Administrative (F&A) Manager candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded governance project in Haiti.
This role will entail overall project support and responsibility for the financial administration of the project. In addition the F&A Manager will be responsible for liaising with all Haiti office staff members, implementing partners, Abt headquarters, and donors in aspects including coordination, scheduling, logistics, and management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for local implementation of Abt Associates’ administrative, management, and financial systems;
- Prepares local budgets in coordination with project technical staff. Assures the development and monitoring of project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with the Chief of Party and the Contract Administrator at Abt headquarters;
- Tracks local expenditures, prepares monthly financial reports, and requests monthly advances to ensure there is cash on hand to meet expenses;
- Manages local procurement of goods and services;
- Liaise with Abt Associates staff and site office staff;
- Per USAID and Abt Associates guidance, assures that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits;
- Arranges meetings and venues
- Makes local arrangements for international consultants, such as hotel reservations and airport pickup
- Arranges local transportation for consultants and workshop participants
- Assists in preparing materials for workshops and meetings
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in business, accounting, or equivalent;
- Familiarity with compliance of USG Cost Accounting Standards;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially for large, complex, national-level projects;
- Proven track record of management, organizational, and coordination skills, including timely response to requests for planned and unplanned support and oversight of complex logistics;
- Communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to perform all job functions in French, Creole and English;
- Understanding of the local context, including rules and regulations for banking, social insurance, and other legal requirements required to operate a site office;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources to draw conclusions and recommendations;
- Excellent ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders such as ministry and government agencies, donors, NGOs, and local community leaders;
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues in a complex and politically sensitive environment;
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on USAID-funded projects is a plus;
- Independent and able to work under pressure and without supervision.
- (8+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. This experience should include at minimum 5 years of experience as a finance and administrative manager of large, complex, national-level projects.
This position is contingent upon project award.