The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Finance Fellow will be part of a talented management team at the facility near Cap-Haitien to implement and provide training in sound business practices and financial accounting systems.
The goal of the team is to ensure sufficient raw materials on hand to secure continuous production and minimal accounts receivable to minimizing the working capital needs of the factory. MFK requires a 12-month commitment working with majority Haitian staff as well as North American and European staff.
- Implements to its full potential the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP Next)
- Develops a cash flow monitoring system to minimize working capital needs in a rapid growth environment
- Manages through the implementation of the ERP system the control and reduction of inventories of raw materials, packaging, finished goods as well as WIP, working to minimize working capital requirements
- Develops a sales and relationship management strategy for therapeutic products to reduce days of account receivable, mentoring Haitian Customer Relation Manager
- Collaborates closely with accountant in USA, bookkeeper in Haiti and Chief Operating Officer in Haiti regarding the financials of MFK
- Orchestrates the migration of QuickBooks accounting data to ERP Next system
- Develops annual budget in partnership with management team and accountant in USA; improves accuracy of financial forecasting and track performance relative to budget through the year
- Collaborates with accountant in USA and bookkeeper in Haiti to complete audit of current fiscal year
- Assists with developing budgets for grants proposals, and related subsequent financial reporting
- Mentors and trains local staff in finance processes and other finance tasks as appropriate
- Collaborating with Haitian staff for financial record keeping and financial planning
- Mentoring and enabling bookkeeper in Haiti to take charge of the next Haiti audit
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Analyzes financial performance, conduct budget variance analysis and identify financial risks
- Provides financial modeling including sensitivity and scenario analysis to inform strategic decisions of MFK around pricing of new and existing products, capital requirements, growth plans and new initiatives.
- Duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director, Deputy Director and the US-based accountant
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts in business, accounting, economics or related field; Master’s in Business Administration degree preferred;
- Minimum two years of business work experience; experience managing both processes and people; experience with business aspects of nonprofits or social enterprises preferred;
- Experience with financial forecasting and modeling, budgeting, accounting systems; experience with enterprise resource planning systems a plus
Other Competencies and Strengths
- Experience working and living in the developing world;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French; knowledge of Haitian Creole a plus.