The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Finance Lead (ASD)
Job SummaryThe Finance Lead is responsible assisting residents and visitors of AUTEC with all aspects of their banking and accounting needs and overseas all aspects of the ASD Finance Office.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to management in order to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Collects and records cost recoveries.
- Prepares accounts payable paperwork and payments for all ARA vendors.
- Stays in contact with ARA vendors regarding applying payments accordingly via EFT
- Trains/assists employees on proper expense reporting procedures
- Stay in contact with various help desks to have passwords, project numbers set up in expense reporting and Costpoint systems.
- Approves all expense reports project wide including non-travel reports
- Print company phone bills and prepare spreadsheet for payment to local Bahamian phone company monthly.
- Submit money order paperwork for cash replenishment when needed in the Finance Office and overseas the delivery of funds.
- Prepare monthly bills (fuel,CATV,Parking) for Navy and non PAE contractors.
- Expense reports.
- Handles data entry of daily cash activities and balances daily.
- Prepares daily deposits.
- Manages cashier window and all related functions.
- Assists Finance Office in West Palm Beach with month-end closing requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year related experience working in accounting/cashier environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Problem solving/critical thinking.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to travel to and/or reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.