The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Financial Analyst (FMG/PA 2)
Job SummaryReporting to the Director, Parochial Revenue Fund, the incumbent is responsible for analyzing, compiling and reporting on the financial performance of the Municipal Corporations and entities under its purview, as well as providing financial support.
- Participates in the strategic planning, resource allocation and development of best practices;
- Develops and maintains procedures to improve timelines and accuracy of information flow from the Municipal Corporations to the Ministry;
- Analyzes the expenditure statements of the Municipal Corporations in relation to their approved budgets;
- Provides accurate Monthly Financial Reports and projections and alerts management of potential problems;
- Analyzes use of subvention by Municipal Corporations and ensures that returns are complete and accurate;
- Co-ordinates and reconciles payments made by Accountant General for statutory deductions for the Municipal Corporations;
- Collates and analyzes information on Municipal Corporations outstanding commitments;
- Provides financial management support to the Director, Parochial Revenue Fund in developing Annual Budget and provides an assessment of available resources to achieve the Unit’s goals and objectives;
- Liaises with the Revenue Enhancement Unit in attaining projections for Property Tax Collections annually and prepares PRF Statements for submission to the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service;
- Reviews and makes recommendations to improve financial systems within the PRF Unit;
- Co-ordinates with the Municipal Corporations to ensure timely receipt of their Annual Budgets;
- Analyzes budgets received to ensure compliance with established standards and revenue projections;
- Consolidates the budgets on the Municipal Corporations for submission to the Minister for approval;
- Prepares variance analysis for Monthly Financial Statements of the Municipal Corporations;
- Analyzes financial information to produce forecast of the Municipal Corporations requirements;
- Assists with response to audit queries;
- Liaises with the Director, Management Accounts, to ascertain approved funding for General Assistance Grants and Special Assistance Grants from Central Government to the Municipal Corporations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent Customer Relations skills
- Sound judgment and integrity/ethics exercised in the performance of duties
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good judgment and initiative exercised
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Sound knowledge of Government Financial Auditing and Management procedures
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Management Studies with Accounting or BBA from a recognized University or;
- ACCA Level 2 or;
- Associate of Science Degree in Accounting, MIND along with Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Financial Management.
Salary range $1,730,109 – $2,056,555 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.