The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Financial Analyst (FMG/PA 2) - Production Sector Monitoring Unit
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Financial Analyst (FMG/PA 2) - Production Sector Monitoring Unit within the Public Enterprises Division of this Ministry.
To analyse the financial and operating performance of assigned Public Sector Entities (PSE) with a view to promoting financial discipline.
- To monitor and report on the financial and operating performance against forecast of the assigned PSEs.
- To provide clarification on issues relating to operating and financial performance
- To support the maintenance of an appropriate level of liquidity and maximise revenue.
- To provide financial data on the operations of the assigned PSE for various stakeholders.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of accrual and government cash accounting
- Good knowledge of Government of Jamaica (GOJ) budgeting and planning processes
- Good analytical skills
- Sound written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Management Studies with major in accounting or completion of the Certificate Stage (Level 2) of the ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
- Two (2) years’ related work experience.
- Salary: $1,730,109 - $2,056,555 per annum
- Travel Allowance - $707,448 per annum
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.