The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryA 4 star Boutique Resort in Antigua searching for a dynamic Financial Controller. Essentials: Accounting or hospitality degree or designation; a full working knowledge of Hotel Accounting systems and controls; A Leader not a follower; progressive
To oversee the administration of all financial and legal aspects of the Resort’s operation; to ensure that all company Policies and Procedures are observed, to prepare and distribute monthly management accounts, annual budgets and complete the Annual Audit.
To ensure that all aspects of financial control of the Resort is maintained to the highest standards..
DUAL REPORTING To General Manager and Group Finance Director
- To prepare and distribute Management Accounts to a high standard of accuracy. To be responsible for the adherence to time-tables, monthly, quarterly and annually to enable the Accounts Department to achieve deadlines – work to time lined action lists.
- Prepare year-end Financial Statements in preparation of Annual Audit, including the preparation of all supporting audit schedules.
- Liaise with the external auditors to ensure that the audit is completed in a timely manner and Financial Statements are filed in accordance with local Statutory Regulations.
- To prepare the Annual Budget and cash forecasts as necessary; in consultation with the General Manager and Finance Director
- Be familiar with the transactions of the Resort so as to make recommendations to Managers concerned to improve the profitability of the organisation by cost reduction or revenue generation schemes.
- Take appropriate personnel related action (i.e. recruitment, vacation planning, discipline, evaluations, etc.) with accounts & warehouse staff. Train and develop the team.
- To develop an Accounts/ Warehouse Department Standard Operating Procedure (S.O.P) Manual and develop S.O.P.’s for other departments in relation to all matters of control of assets, both monetary and otherwise.
- Be responsible for the safe custody, control and proper disposal of all company monies, negotiable instruments, assets, stocks, records and statutory books of account.
- Maintain a close liaison with Senior Management and Heads of Department to identify the reporting needs of the Resort and individual Departments, and develop practical schemes to ensure satisfactory methods of communication.
- Be fully familiar with the computerised systems used by the Resort in the recording and reporting of the financial data, and train Accounts staff as appropriate. Ensure that computer software is updated on a regular basis and conforms to Statutory reporting requirements, both local and international.
- Maintain reconciliations and audit schedules for designated balance sheet accounts in established company formats.
- Ensure that all taxes are paid within Government deadlines, thus avoiding penalties and fines.
- Monitor the company bank accounts and prepare the Weekly Cash Requirements Report.
- Oversee the Warehouse, Cost Control and Purchasing functions, and ensure that the processes are completed efficiently.
- Through the Accounts Supervisor, ensure the Accounts Payable, Payroll and Night Audit functions are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Oversee the work of the I.T. Technician and advise management on improvements and efficiencies that can be gained through technology.
- Provide project costings and cost/ benefit analysis for proposed projects; and analysis of expenditure on completed projects.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Perform the role of Duty Manager as required (maximum 1 shift per week).
- Attend the weekly Management Cocktail party on a regular basis.
- Attend Management meetings and other departmental meetings as necessary to disseminate financial information and convey Accounts Policies and Procedures to the staff of those departments.
- be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major tasks and responsibilities.
- have a thorough knowledge of all tasks in the Accounts Department.
- have a commitment to follow all company Policies and Procedures.
- have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
- be able to maintain the control systems and procedures over income, expenses and assets of the Resort.
- be able to develop and administer a sound plan of organisation and procedures for efficient operation of the Accounts Department in order to assist in operating the Resort successfully.
- be able to maintain the books of account in line with statute and company Policies and Procedures.