The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Flood Control Officer (Level 6)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Flood Control Officer (Level 6).
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least three years working experience in construction/site supervision
- Specialized training in flood control systems such as river training and coastal engineering
Skills requirement/Key competencies
- Construction Management skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Equipment management skills
- Leadership skills
- Reports to the CEO on all administrative matters for the Executive Office
- Assess and recommend solutions to flood damage or flood prone areas
- Assess and recommend solutions to protect road infrastructure in coastal areas
- Prepare detailed reports on the progress of construction and recommend solutions for problems encountered at flood damage sites.
- Monitor contractors work and assess progress of construction.
- Provide supervision for Clerks of Works.
- Conduct site meetings and investigations and prepare reports on the progress, and problems relating to flood control construction activities.
- Conduct checks for quality control, suitability of materials used, and monitor contractors for adherence to the approved technical specifications developed for the construction of the rehabilitative structures.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted and we thank all applicants in advance.