The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Food and Beverage Employee
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Food and Beverage Employee.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a pleasant personality to serve our guests in our food and beverage outlets.
- Greet and seat guests in restaurant.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Transport supplies to service area.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
Successful candidate will have the following:
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in food & beverage service, preferably in a large restaurant or hotel setting.
- Ability to maintain high standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Must be flexible and pro-active, with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of different types of coffee beverages and ability to operate a semi-manual coffee machine are preferred. Latte Art skills are a bonus.
- Experience in room service, banquets, events and/or bar advantageous
- Willing to work shifts including mornings and evenings, including weekends and public holidays
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.