The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Food & Beverage Director
Job SummaryThe Food & Beverage Director's primary responsibility is the management of all shipboard food and beverage operations onboard to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations.
Must be able to manage, organize, direct and supervise up to 10 restaurants with different concepts, 14 bars and lounges, 10 production and finishing galleys, the sanitation and provision departments.
- Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active F&B team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- Ensure that department heads are scheduling crew members based off of guidelines established by the Corporate Office and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Monitor the performance of all staff to ensure that their duties are carried out in accordance with Company policy, and safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure that all F&B management is knowledgeable of the goals of the company and department and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals.
- Ensure that the management team is communicating the goals of the company and department. Ensure tha
- Complete daily walk-through, by meal period, with the Assistant F&B Director/Manager, Director of Outlets/Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef, Bar Manager and Provision Master.
- Ensure that the company's standards are maintained in the following areas:
- Freestyle service and dining experience
- Galley service, operation and philosophy
- Restaurant service, operation and philosophy
- Bar service, operation and philosophy
- Provisions and inventory control
- Public health
- Crew assigned to the F&B department
- General standards in the F&B department
- Quality control of all F&B products
- Planning and organizing all shipboard F&B operationsEnsure department heads are enforcing Company standards for consistent, quality service.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outlets within the F&B department operate within the established budgetary guidelines for the vessel.
- Plan orders for the vessel based off of the budgetary guidelines.
- Review all food and beverage related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
- Ensure that all food and beverage revenues and expenses are properly recorded against the appropriate budget, and the variations from the budgeted amounts are properly documented.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years experience as a Food & Beverage Director in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros).
- Six months experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, or reporting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalency in Hotel and Restaurant Management from a recognized hotel/culinary institution is required.