The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Food & Beverage Server-Hostess
The Only Place To Pursue Your Career Welcome to Marriott International, Inc. You have found the perfect place to pursue your professional career. Ready to be challenged? Ready to achieve and to be recognized? You're on the road to success and we invite you to explore our established, global company full of people going places. Marriott is the only place you'll find it all. An essential function of our success is our people - the associates- whose diverse cultures and backgrounds are the essence of our vision to better serve the needs of our customers around the world. Marriott's commitment to global diversity is absolute. We are actively recruiting Senior Managers and Associates for the following positions. We are looking for candidates who can ensure the guests discover the grace and color of our intimate Grand Cayman experience and to take what is already great service, to new levels! Our goal is to create a sense of luxury and hospitality that is overwhelming from the guests’ arrival to the time they leave our stunning, newly renovated property. If you feel you have what it takes to help us create the ultimate guest experience, come by our Human Resources Department on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am to 12pm to apply or click apply below
- We are looking for motivated individuals with a pleasant personality to serve our guests in our food and beverage outlets and banquets. Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Greet and seat guests in restaurant. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day. Complete closing duties including storage, restocking, breakdown, cleaning all equipment and areas, completing daily cleaning checklist. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. The ideal candidate has knowledge about different types of coffee beverages and Latte Art skills are preferred.
- The successful applicant must have knowledge of service standards and general food and beverage knowledge with two (2) years of experience in a high volume hotel, resort or restaurant setting. Experience in room service, banquets, events and/or bar advantageous. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must. Applicants are required to work shifts including mornings and evenings, including weekends and public holidays.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.