The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryWill ensure implementation of activities on the ground, ensure liaison with community leaders and police, analysis of ground realities, and activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects.
Gender Officer will work closely with Program teams to ensure that all programs are gender sensitive in their programming, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the gender mainstreaming of projects.
S/he will collaborate with the Program Management unit as assigned in reviewing and preparing narrative and financial donors’ reports.
Viva Rio works in a collaborative manner and all senior team members are expected to be polyvalent and engaged in all aspects of supporting Viva Rio objectives.
- Human Resources Support
Support all gender initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including tracking the progress of gender mainstreaming, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Gender Mainstreaming Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, gender mainstreaming work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- Gender Unit with Rapprochement
Creation of a gender equity unit will enable us to advocate for greater awareness of and responsiveness to gender in police work. This gender equity unit will be proactive in generating knowledge about gender issues, reaching out to women in the community, and encouraging men and women to work together to improve approaches to gender in police work.
- Provide theoretical and practical training to 50 women from the community and from the police on relevant issues for gender equity in rapprochement strategy; Support the meaningful inclusion of gender equity principles while organizing youth led events.
- Conduct survey and qualitative research on gender issues in the target areas.
- Promote local Haitian initiatives in gender issues by sponsoring events and workshops
- Liase with other organisations on their gender strategy, contribute to advocacy and dialogue on gender issues in Haiti
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Gender Studies, Sociology or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of senior management in gender issues
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both French and English.
- Capacity to deliver trainings in Creole
- Experience in working with police and security projects
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design gender mainstreaming strategy tools,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Languages required Creole, English, French
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (desirable).