The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryA local insurance company in Antigua invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of General Manager.
The Position /Role Profile:
Working closely with the Board of Directors, Managers and staff to ensure the profitable and effective management and growth of the Company. The candidate is expected to provide leadership to the Company’s strategic planning process and managing the resources to meet the Company’s objectives. These include:
- Serving as a key internal leader; attracting, developing, coaching, motivating and retaining high performance team members.
- Effectively assessing and managing the Company’s risk exposure
- Developing new products and services
- Addressing all opportunities to increase market share
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited institution AND/OR 10 years’ previous experience in all areas of Insurance management at senior management level;
- Insurance certification
- Thorough knowledge of Insurance products, guidelines and practices
- Sound knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements of the insurance industry in Antigua
- The ability to analyse financial statements and the Company’s profitability, and monitor and control costs
- Ability to work closely with clients and developing strong relationships;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, mentor and manage people
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical, risk management, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to undergo training
- Well-developed marketing and sales skills and the ability to improve customer and employee satisfaction
If you are motivated by this challenge and confident that your experience, knowledge and skills can be a valuable asset to our Company, this employment opportunity could be tailor-made for you. Interested persons are invited to submit their applications with resumes no later than 5th May, 2017.
Please note that unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged