The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
General Manager, Operations
Job SummaryThe North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of General Manager, Operations.
The incumbent will be responsible for the leadership and management of the core operational activities of the Authority's hospital functions in collaboration with the Hospital Administration in the Region so as to ensure the achievement of established objectives.
- Ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of organizational systems established for the Management of the Authority's technical support services (Property Services, Engineering, Special Projects, Environmental Maintenance)
- Develops, recommends and oversees the implementation of operational policies and procedures consistent with the Authority's overall philosophy and objectives.
- Provides leadership and guidance in operational programme planning and implementation, budgetary, utilization and impact analysis and productivity reporting.
- Develops and maintains organizational systems for the effective performance and smooth delivery of health operations and technical support services.
- Provides strong leadership to technical teams of professionals with responsibility for providing highly efficient services in support of direct patient care at the Authority's health institutions.
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- A First Degree in Engineering from a recognized University
- Post graduate qualifications in Facility Management or Health Services management
- At least ten (10) years post qualification experience in a similar or related job function, five (5) of which should be at a senior Management level.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged