The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
General Manager, Primary Care Services
Job SummaryThe General Manager, Primary Care Services provides managerial and strategic direction to a number of functional departments attuned to the delivery of quality Patient Care Services.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Primary Health Care efforts, and ensure that the required support for all logistical and technical resources are provided for the successful delivery of Primary Health Care at the various Health facilities / Clusters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current professional issues in health care management
- Knowledge of current health care legislation
- Knowledge of quality improvement strategies and standards setting systems
- Working knowledge of methodologies for evaluating health care
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as a Public Health Medical Officer with considerable experience in community health management
- Postgraduate qualifications in Public Health Management or Hospital Management or Health Services Management or Business Management or Public Administration
- Full unrestricted registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago
- Any relevant combination of training and experience may be considered
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the relevant Registration Boards or Councils
All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.