The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Geographical Information Systems Analyst
Job SummaryA vacancy exists at The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited for one (1) Geographical Information Systems Analyst.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University with 2-3 years' experience in the field or related discipline.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Suite, Maintaining and Editing Data, Creating Layouts, Geo-registering, Projections and Coordinate Systems, Working with Orthoimagery.
- Knowledge of Database Design, Field types, Basic understanding of SQL query language, Fundamentals of DB design — must understand how and why good databases are created
- MS Access Database — Import tables, create new databases, export data, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and MS Office Suite.
The successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Creation of GIS Data from hard copy maps and field captured data.
- Augmenting GIS existing datasets with updated information.
- Creating Thematic Maps per the specifications of the requesting department.
- Conveying the capability of the GIS to end users and customers.
- Assisting in synergizing GIS datasets with other platforms that exist in the Department or Company.
- Archiving plat maps, re-subdividing, and if the Archivist is unavailable, Architectural Documents.
- Recording requests for plat maps, architectural documents and maps.
- Maintaining the GIS Databases, including performing regular maintenance and providing consultation to approved firms when necessary.
- Interacting with internal and external customers with GIS needs, and the administration and processing of sales of maps and architectural plans.