The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for the post of Graphic Designer, on contract, for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
The incumbent is required to create and produce images, logos, layouts for magazines, newsletters, brochures and other print pieces for the visual conceptualisation and graphic design of projects for the Ministry / Department.
- Head – Corporate Communications or designated officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces a wide range of visual material in support of communications programmes, using a range of current software such as In design, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and Quark Xpress.
- Conceptualises, designs and lays out all artwork such as press advertisements, storyboards, flyers, brochures, booklets, file covers, posters, t-shirt prints, programmes and illustrative designs.
- Creates and oversees product design and booth displays.
- Assists in the development of creative concepts as required.
- Advises on the use of relevant materials such as photos and special boards in order to produce final artwork/displays that are suitable in quality and look.
- Oversees the production of external work including pre-press, printers and designers to ensure that required standards are met.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Prepares digital artwork for offset reproduction.
- Prepares Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
- Manages the proper filing and backup of digital artwork.
- Produces audio-visual presentations and takes photographs at Ministry’s/Department’s events.
- Performs other duties related to the core functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of web usability and graphic design principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the tools , equipment and materials used in graphic design production.
- Good understanding of an organization’s structure as it pertains to the website/intranet information architecture.
Skills and Abilities
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop Publishing software and other software such as Adobe, Photoshop and Illustrator and Quark Xpress.
- Skill in the use of the equipment, tools and materials utilized in graphic design production.
- Ability to translate ideas into graphic expressions and to create original graphic art design.
- Ability to use multimedia creatively.
- Ability to work within set timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and members of the public.
Minimum Experience and Training
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in graphic design and web management process.
- Training as evidenced by an Associate Degree in Graphic Design, Communications or a related field.