The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Group Billing Coordinator
Job SummaryThe Group Billing Coordinator will be responsible for the processing, recording, and billing of debts owed to the hotel.
- This role will include collecting deposits at group site visits and collaborating with hotel departments to ensure accuracy of billing.
- The research, response, and processing of inquiries and adjustments will be handled by our Group Billing Coordinator.
- This accounting professional will also support the Accounting team, as needed.
- The most suitable candidate for this position will possess a minimum of 2 years prior Accounting experience, preferably within a high volume hotel environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a proficiency in Excel required.
- Previous experience with Property Management Systems such as Opera or ISAC also preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Flexibility of schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
Basic Skills and Requirements
- Fully knowledgeable on all contractual arrangements with Group customers. Once a contract has been turned definite, GBC establishes traces in ISAC to ensure that all deposit, direct billing, and deposit schedule are adhered to.
- Monitor Group and Catering Master accounts from check-in through check-out, ensuring accuracy of billing. Charges should be in line with billing arrangements and must contain signatures of authorized signers, GBC is to work with Banquet Manager to ensure all signatures are being obtained for banquet/catering functions.
- Ensure that suitable credit or payment arrangements have been finalized before group’s arrival. Ensure that completed credit applications are forwarded to accounts receivable for credit research and approval by Controller and General Manager. Accounts Receivable Supervisor will work hand in hand with GBC to ensure group billing is established in a timely and professional manner and that hotel is secured.
- If guests are to pay in advance, GBC responsible for collection of 110% of estimated charges.
- Ensure, with reservations department, that required PM accounts are created in a timely manner.
- Group master accounts to be reviewed on-site with the group contacts with daily updates and changes if necessary. GBC must work with Oeprations and Accounting to rectify any incorrect postings. At conclusion of the stay, entire invoice should be reviewed with guest to ensure final accuracy
- Final invoice should be turned over to Convention Services Manager for review and approval within 7 days of group departure and then presented to Accounts Receivable for invoicing and collection.
- Process commission and SPG points, if applicable, once Master Accounts are paid in full
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with all internal departments
- Create and update monthly Accounting reports, including Group Pickup and Group Commission Report.
- Maintain a prompt response to all client communication EOE