The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Group Sales Manager
Job SummaryReigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Group Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting and exceeding personal sales room night booking goals : monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Exceeding monthly Activity goals in each of the following categories: site inspections, personal sales calls, entertainment and prospecting
- Identifying and executing key action steps each quarter that will achieve booking goals
- Working with DOGS and DORM to meet and exceed budgeted group room rate
- Actively target and solicit new business within the territory
- Traveling to Bermuda as needed to cover the sales office/interact with all departments, for group fam trips and key site inspections.
- Managing your own annual travel and entertainment budget without exceeding your allotment
- Utilization of Opera sales system in compliance with FHR and Fairmont Hotels of Bermuda standards
- Developing key and developmental accounts that will generate long term business partnerships
- Staying familiar with industry trends via appropriate publications/trade memberships if necessary
- Ability to think strategically and maximize our group potential over need periods
- Following up on leads in a timely and professional manner within the respective territory both by telephone and by written correspondence
- Fully qualifying each piece of business to understand the full potential of the booking
- Learning the strengths and weaknesses of our top competitors so as to be able to sell against them
- Attending all required meetings (bi-weekly GRC call and daily 8:30am morning sales meeting). Participating in on going brainstorming sessions.
- Coordinating with conventions services on groups involving rooms and banquet revenue
- Adhering to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts sales standards and procedures
- Participation required annually on any Fairmont training workshops and achieving shop scores of 90% or more
- Participate in all Fairmont Hotels & resorts territory sales events and trade shows, involves preparation of events, invitation of clients and facilitating of event
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintaining positive relations with all Guests, Vendors, Colleagues and Global Sales Offices while portraying a professional Fairmont image at all times
- Overnight travel which may include weekends to conduct ongoing sales calls to clients in your territory
- Manage and share one coordinator with two other Sales Managers
- Must be a results-oriented, highly motivated individual, with a positive attitude that thrives in a team-based work environment
- A Bachelors Degree and/or Hotel Management degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years hotel sales experience a must with established strong relationships within the NY/NJ group Market in all key segments i.e. Financial, Association, Corporate Meeting, Incentive and Insurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Computer literacy including SalesNet and Microsoft Word and Excel essential. Property Manager and PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours is essential.
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.