The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Hardware and Network administrator (MIS IT 4)
Job SummaryWe are currently looking for skilled hardware and network administrator to join our team with at least three years’ experience in configuring/maintaining windows server 2008+ in addition to hardware and software firewall appliances .
Analysis of Position:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, install, maintain, support, troubleshoot and optimize all network components while maintaining adequate backups and data integrity so as to ensure network connectivity.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Interact with vendors and contractors.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various locations. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for systems administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. Perform regular archival and purge as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted locations.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU. Memory and disk as required.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people, provides advice and recommends actions involving sometimes complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Teach, train, interpret, and instruct others on system use etc. and provide technical guidance where necessary.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or information science
- CCNA certified (Would be an asset)
Required Skills and experience:
- 3 + years’ experience supporting Windows Desktop and Windows 2008+ Server
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Good understanding of TCP/IP network architecture
- Basic Linux system administration would be an asset
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Special Work Conditions (physical demands, job hazards, pressures):
- Available to work on weekends and holidays as required.
Conditions of Service:
The above indicates the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the incumbent.