The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryA local restaurant chain is seeking to fill the position of an experienced and qualified Head Chef to organize the kitchen’s activities.
The primary function of the Head Chef is to create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers, ensuring high quality and customer satisfaction.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels.
- Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed.
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Work with the Executive Chef on the hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- To assist with regular stock takes as and when necessary
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Proven experience as Head Chef
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Knowledge of purchasing, ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory procedures
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate