The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Head Librarian - Systems Unit
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Head Librarian - Systems Unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for deployment of technology in the Mona Library including digital initiatives and the Library's management systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the initiative, flexibility, and creativity to manage projects both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic work environment. The candidate should be able to handle complex, detailed systems work while maintaining a positive, service-oriented attitude. Key responsibilities will include:
- Having overall responsibility for the Mona Library's information technology systems and services;
- Having energetic leadership in library digital initiatives, the development of the Library Integrated System and related products as well as web initiatives;
- Assisting in the formulation and implementation of strategy, policy and procedures, particularly in terms of ILS management and library automation;
- Working in conjunction with MITS (Mona Information Technology Services) in the provision of ICT to the libraries including general desktop applications, network and wireless infrastructure;
- Working in conjunction with other UWI Campus Libraries in joint initiatives such as the University Institutional Repository, Research Databases and the Single Virtual University Space.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in Library and Information Studies or equivalent;
- Five (5) years' experience in a supervisory position in Systems related environment;
- Experience with the use of advanced technologies in providing library services.
Preferred Qualifications/Experience and Abilities, Skills And Attributes:
- Qualifications in Computer Science, Information Science, or Information Systems would be a distinct advantage.