The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to plan, organise, budget, assign, review, supervise and direct the capital and maintenance construction to all SPORTT facilities/projects
The incumbent is required to plan, organise, budget, assign, review, supervise and direct the capital and maintenance construction to all SPORTT facilities/projects; ensuring that jobs/projects are completed efficiently and within regulations, on time and within budget. He/She also provides guidelines and projected deadlines and ensuring optimal utilisation of personnel and other resources.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates and directs the activities of a group of professionals responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of all project and construction related activities in SPORTT.
- Provides leadership in project management, construction engineering and project administration.
- Develops and maintains the project management methodology including document templates, identifying project phases, reporting and planning information for successful project delivery.
- Oversees the development of technical proposals, including concept, technical approach, work plan, management plan, detailed budgets by task, and long and short term construction plans/programs for and behalf of SPORTT and its clients.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Monitors all project activities to ensure compliance with the relevant company and national policies and legislation, HSE guidelines and financial and business practices.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Undertakes project risk assessment activities and develops requisite mitigation strategies.
- Oversees the design and structuring of RFP's, calls for tenders and various related activities within Construction, Engineering and Maintenance function of SPORTT.
- Directs Project Managers (PM) / project teams representing client interests in meeting project deadlines; plan, monitor, control and evaluate work / progress.
- Provides expert advice on the best practices and procedures involved in project management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Training as evidenced by possession of a recognised University Degree in mechanical, design, civil or construction engineering or Project Management and a Post Graduate Degree in a related field.
- Training as evidenced by Certification in Project Management such as PMI/PMP.
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience managing medium to large-scale projects preferably in the sporting and/or construction field.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a senior management role in a related field.
We thank all applicants for your interest. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.