The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Health Promotion & Education Officer (HPC/HPE 1)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Health Promotion and Education Officer at the St. Mary Health Department
Reporting to the Medical Officer (Health) for the Health Services and the technical direction of the Regional Health Education and Promotion Officer, the Health Education and Promotion Officer is responsible for organizing, co-coordinating, planning, implementing and evaluating Health Education and Promotion Programmes in the parish:-
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc)
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management skills
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc. degree in Health, Education, Social/Behavioural sciences
- Training in Communication and Research methods.
- A minimum of two (2) years' working experience.
Key Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Providing consultation to Health Workers, other Government Agencies, Non-government Agencies, Private Sector, Community Leaders, Faith-Based Organizations
- Mobilizing community to take responsibility for their health
- Supervising the Assistant Health Education and Promotion Officers and Health Promotion Aides (HPAs) assigned to the Health Promotion Unit
- Planning and co-ordinating conferences, seminars and workshops
- Conducting research to guide programme needs and identifying strategies for intervention in partnership with communities.
- Development of health promotion activities in response to public health emergencies, special programmes and disasters.
- Making recommendations to the Medical Officer (Health) and other members of the health team on the delivery of health promotion strategies for programmes
We thank all applicants who apply, however only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged