The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Health Promotion & Education Officer (HPC/HPE 3)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Regional Health Promotion & Education Officer, Regional Office
Reporting to the Regional Technical Director, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the development of Regional Health Promotion and Education programmes based on national policies, disease trends and epidemiological profiles of the parishes in the Region.
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Education or Behaviour Change Communication from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Health Promotion and Education at the supervisory level
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques:
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, oral, and time management skills
- Knowledge of the National Policy for the Promotion of Healthy lifestyle, 2014
- Knowledge of the National Health Services Act, 1997
- Knowledge of the Annual Service Level Agreement
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Health Promotion and Education
- Knowledge of the principles and practices Behaviour Change Communication
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Directing the Health Promotion and Education aspect of programmes in the Region
- Development of communication strategy and campaign for Regional Programmes
- Designing, implementing and reporting on research projects
- Advising the Regional Technical Director on best practices for programmes to address health needs, prevents diseases and promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Directing, coordinating and/or participating in the development and implementation of plans relating to specific health promotion and health education issues or any other health related issues as directed by the RHA.
- Building alliances with media, Governmental and community based organizations in promoting health.
- Co-coordinating programmes/activities between Ministry of Health and the Region Authority
- Supervising all Health Promotion and Education Officers in the Region