The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Health Systems Researcher
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for the post of Health Systems Researcher, on contract, for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
Works with the Director of Health Services Quality Management Unit and other key stakeholders to develop performance indicators, bench-marks, quality award criteria and models of care; work also involves conducting operational research and establishing systems for improved customer relationships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides oversight for research programmes for the collation of information to be used as the basis for policies and procedural guidelines development.
- Undertakes research to collect information for monitoring and evaluating the quality of the health care system.
- Analyzes the performance of health institutions to identify trends, changes in trends, or as a tool to be used in the making of decisions and solving problems.
- Develops analytical and evaluation reports for use in the development of MoH Quality Improvement targets and indicators.
- Calculates the effectiveness of criteria and assessment instruments used for quality awards and makes recommendations for updating same
- Develops/assists in the development of assessment instruments to be used for the purposes of research within the Unit and the wider Ministry
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Adviser.
Minimum Qualification, Experience and Training
- A University Degree in a Health related discipline or relevant Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Three (3) years of experience in Health Quality Management.
- Equivalent combination of Health Quality Management training and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.