The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Highway Planning Engineer
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Highway Planning Engineer.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Post graduate degree would be an asset
- At least three (3) years working experience in highway engineering.
- Conduct feasibility studies for road improvements and related projects
- Conduct economic analyses as required for locally and internationally funded projects
- Analyze classification of road network, and make recommendations for changing status of road network.
- Maintain and deliver timely accurate data returns from the field regarding traffic, preliminary engineering details and road condition.
- Liaise with the relevant line directorates, assists in maintaining a road condition inventory.
- Liaise with the traffic branch and the road safety authorities assisting in carrying out accident studies.
- Organize the system of continuous road condition reporting and carries out research into surface deterioration and makes recommendations to reduce the rate of deterioration.
- Request traffic counts and surveys, investigating axle load regulations, utilize computer programs in preparation of road maintenance programmes.
- Design new thoroughfares, alterations to existing thoroughfares and intersection improvements
- Set up network plans for urban areas, analyze traffic patterns and identify appropriate changes to be made to improve traffic flow.
- Review designs and plans for road improvements and related work to be carried out by other Government agencies or private developers
Only short listed applicants will be contacted and we thank all applicants in advance.