The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Hospital Administrator is required to plan, direct & control the operation of the Scarborough General Hospital in collaboration with relevant medical personnel so as to ensure the achievement of the Authority’s Health Sector goals and objectives.
- Plans, directs and controls the operations of the Scarborough General Hospital and facilities.
- Ensures the application and implementation of appropriate and/or established operational policies and procedures for hospital administration.
- Ensures the optimization of human, financial, plant and equipment resources in the achievement of desired productivity levels.
- Prepares required operational, informational and management reports or studies as required
- Plans, organizes and controls hospital operations so as to ensure the achievement of established work targets, objectives and standards within the health sector.
- Develops, recommends and implements administrative, operational and logistical systems, policies and procedures for the hospital so as to facilitate the achievement of required performance standards, specifications, criteria and objectives.
- Monitors the application of approved policies, procedures, systems and programmes to ensure compliance with established standards, specifications and protocols.
- Selects, develops and monitors the utilization of subordinate personnel so as to create and maintain effective levels of productivity.
- Prepares draft estimates and proposals for hospital operations and manage/control approved financial resources as to ensure that work targets and objectives are achieved.
- Ensures the availability, reliability and functional effectiveness of plant, equipment and facilities required for effective hospital operations.
- Liaises with government, public and private sector organizations and agencies to facilitate achievement of institutional goals and objectives.
- Prepares operational, informational, statistical and management reports and studies on hospital operations as required.
- Performs other related duties as required at job function
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters’ Degree in Hospital Administration, Health Services Administration or an equivalent
- Six (6) years’ experience in a similar or related job function, three (3) of which should be at middle of senior management level.
- The incumbent should possess well developed theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in Hospital Manager
- Thorough understanding of the governmental, institutional and legal frameworks in which the Authority operates
- A sound appreciation of approved strategic and operational objectives, initiatives, policies and procedures
- Interpretative judgment and diagnostic abilities
- Highly developed interpersonal and communicative skills in the ability to effectively manage a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications, training and experience
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or the relevant Registration Boards or Councils
All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.